Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Remote Finder on Ultra

Jump to solution

Out of the box issue.. I'm guessing the issue is a defective model you've released Danny

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

ROKU TEAM @RokuDanny-R DANNY PLEASE READ THE POSTS

All of us are experiencing problems that clearly and plainly stated are not related to batteries or distance.  The **bleep** thing quits listening for a signal from the network. It is as if the remote immediately goes to sleep and only wakes when a button is pushed.

This is a software issue almost certainly related to some choice that makes the batteries last longer.  But I don't care about batteries if I havr yo buy a nee friggin remote again!!

Replacement remotes are prohibitively expensive/unavailable,  and the remote finder is THE reason I upgraded.

Screenshot_20200808-094258_Roku.jpg

Now I feel cheated.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Help us out here @RokuDanny-R !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

All,

I received a replacement remote from Roku in attempt to fix the problem, but the same issue persisted. 

Roku just approved a warranty replacement for the base unit. Awaiting shipping confirmation. I’ll update this thread as I try the new unit. 

For those who are newer to Roku, we have another Ultra units that work totally fine with the remote finder, so don’t give up hope. It really does work!! 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

add another to the list with the exact same problem and my batteries are new and less then 4 feet away from unit with full internet access with gig speed network. Grrrr aggravated as all.🙁

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Remote finder does not work the way it's supposed to work. It works with me only if I press the button right after using the remote!! But if more than ten seconds, the remote goes into a deep sleep and doesn't respond. What's the point of buying this model if this feature does not work when needed?

My Roku Ultra is ethernet connected. Any help??? 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It looks like I am also having the same issue of the remote finder not working. It is a newer ultra bought in last couple months. The batteries are new and my connection is excellent. The router is less than 5 feet from system. The only way I could get it to emit a sound was with the remote through the set up screen. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having same issue with unit I bought about a month ago. The finder works great if I’ve just pressed a button on the remote, but never works when I’ve actually lost the remote. I tried putting remote on far side of room thinking it might be a distance or Wi-Fi problem. It worked just fine as long as is recently tested the finder function and/or recently pressed a button on the remote. As soon as I let it sit there for a bit and try hitting the find button it doesn’t work. Batteries are brand new so this isn’t a power or Wi-if issue. Not sure what to do as I really liked this feature. I’m really tempted to ditch Roku and go with Apple TV since they have HBO Max. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here.

0 Kudos