Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Remote Finder on Ultra

Jump to solution

I have the Enhanced Voice remote, RC496 paired with a Roku Ultra and the finder function does not work when I press the button on the Roku. The screen says "signaling remote" but no sound comes out. This is a new remote btw.

I've changed the finder sound many times but nothing fixes it.

Ironically if I go into the "Remote Menu" and select find remote, using the remote, the the sound works.

0 Kudos
Dave_ROK
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku continued SELLING units touting this non-working feature long after the issue came out, and has done nothing to fix it long since claiming to know why the issue exists.

Pathetic company response.

PMX
Level 8

Jump to solution

@981 wrote:

Ironically if I go into the "Remote Menu" and select find remote, using the remote, the the sound works.

Yep, apparently the problem is that the remote goes to sleep and then the Roku can't wake it up. If you're using the remote to navigate the menu it hasn't had time to fall asleep yet.

They've known about the issue for months and understand what the problem is, they just haven't managed to get the fix into a Roku update in almost half a year.

JaksLax
Level 8

Jump to solution

I know it has been addressed for months now that the issue is found and a fix is coming in a future update, but the time from the first post stating the issue was found till now is pretty much unacceptable.  I work for a software company and it we find a bug, our developers have a fix out as soon as possible in our production environment, because we realize customers will leave if we don't fix features that we offer.  As the Ultra is one of the top priced devices, and im sure most people buy it for the lost remote feature, this should be brought to a higher urgency to fix this issue.  My children constantly loose the remote and I got so feed up with it, I dropped the $100 to get the Ultra in hopes I didn't have to waist hours of my life looking for the remote.  I know I can use the app, but I hate the feel of it, I like the remote.  From a customer of Roku of over 10 years now, please fix this issue ASAP.  Thank you.

NavyMan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Poor product.  My Roku remote finder doesn’t work.  Poor product and even worse customer support. We are not idiots but Roku insists on telling us that it won’t work if it’s out of range or if the batteries are dead.  Yeah “tech support” I think we have as much technical knowledge as you.  0.0 out of 10 stars.

JaksLax
Level 8

Jump to solution

The only feedback I got from tech support was they were going to push an update to my Roku. That never came and I told them that, and since then they never responded back.  I have been a Roku user from almost the beginning, but this is making me loose hope. I can build a better device to stream with, and this gives me motivation to do so.

0 Kudos
TomBomb
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

You said in August 2020 that the issue had been identified and would be fixed in a future update.  We're almost 6 months out and Roku is STILL selling a faulty product?

I logged my first complaint in November 2020.  What do we have to do? 

Can Roku send us a new remote?  Or do all of the new units still have the same flaw?

Just trying to get a Roku Ultra (4670 series)   remote finder that works as advertised.  That is a huge selling point for us folks with kids.

0 Kudos
JaksLax
Level 8

Jump to solution

Exactly why I bought this one.  I was sick of spending more time looking for where my kids left the remote than I did watching TV.  I have all my TV's on Roku right now, but if they can't fix this simple issue, I hate to say it, but I may have to start looking for another option, maybe one that has a working lost remote feature.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@renojim wrote:

It's probably easier to get new kids than to get Roku to comment on it's firmware development process.  :-)

... and a lot more fun!  HeartSmiley LOLHeart

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Dave_ROK
Level 8

Jump to solution
@renojim wrote:

It's probably easier to get new kids than to get Roku to comment on it's firmware development process.  :-)

They will comment, I'm sure.  They just won't commit.  We will probably see this useless update again soon:

"Please be aware that we have identified the issue and expect this to be resolved in a future update."

0 Kudos