Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote Finder on Ultra

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Does this mean I have to use wireless instead of ethernet connection for the lost remote finder to work?

Thanks,

Lynn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my new Ultra.  Batteries good , 6 inches away.  My old one works but not the new one.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, remote doesn’t make any sound when locator button pressed. Just bought Roku ultra today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I changed my remote sound, opened up the battery compartment, pushed on the pairing button until a green light flashed a few times, followed the directions on the TV and now my remote finder is working for the first time since I bought the ultra in Aug.  I think it's because the kids put in the batteries in the remote before I had roku device plugged in so the set up didn't happen correctly.  Hope this helps someone.  Be sure to see the remote pairing and troubleshooting help support topic as my remote battery compartment was the one on yhe right of the picture.  Not sure if the left remote will give a green light or not.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Lynn,

Updated 10-12-20:

Pushing the paring button got the remote finder to work but it only worked few times every several tries and only when the remote was right next to the Roku Ultra box. It wouldn't work eight feet away from the box. Now it's not been working at all again. When I tried paring again the remote stopped working completely, the green LED kept flashing. After powering off the box and removing the remotes batteries several times throughout the day I finally got the remote itself to work again but the finder feature is not working at all.

The finder feature never worked at all before pushing the paring button although the remote itself did work with the Roku box and TV. There was a LED in the remotes battery compartment that flashed green after pushing the paring button. The TV displayed a small spinning circle with a green rectangular box in the top right of the screen while it was paring.

Thank you for the information but still having remote finder problems and had to spend a couple more hours "on and off" just getting the remote to work again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Having same issue with unit I bought about a month ago. The finder works great if I’ve just pressed a button on the remote, but never works when I’ve actually lost the remote. It worked just fine as long as I recently pressed a button on the remote. As soon as I let it sit there for a bit and try hitting the find button it doesn’t work. Batteries are brand new so this isn’t a power or Wi-if issue. Remote works like it suppose to but the finder part does as I described. They sent me a replacement remote and it doesn't make the locater sound at all no matter what I try. Replacing batteries, resetting remote, unplugging and reconnecting unit.  

Seems like the remote goes to sleep after a few seconds and the locater won't wake it up. I tried updating also. In a video of yours it speaks of changing the sound the remote makes but my Ultra doesn't even have that setting at all.

Highlighted
Level 8

how to fix remote finder not working

Jump to solution

I am experiencing a issue where the remote finder feature doesn't work, unless I have pressed a button on the remote in the last several seconds. This is with a brand new Ultra I just got recently. To be clear, it doesn't matter where the remote is. Even if the remote is inches away from the box, it still doesn't work. 

If I press a button on the remote, wait no more than a few seconds, then press the finder button on the box, the remote will play the locator sound. However, if I wait at least ten seconds before pressing the finder button, the remote will not play a sound. I get a "Signaling remotes..." message for about sixty seconds followed by a "Listen for your remote. Press any remote button to stop the sound." message and a sixty second countdown, but the remote never plays a sounds.

It seems this isn't any kind of configuration or WiFi issue, because it will work every time if I press the finder button quickly enough. But it's not going to be much help when I actually need to find the remote, because obviously I won't have pressed a button within the last several seconds.

Level 7

Ultra remote finder button.

Jump to solution

On my new Ultra the remote finder button does not find the remote but it turns the tv on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: how to fix remote finder not working

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Seems to be a common problem. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: how to fix remote finder not working

Jump to solution

I have a open case with them and its been a few weeks but still no solution.