Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sjh1
Level 7

Remote Doesn't Work

Hello,

I have changed my remotes batteries several times but it still does not work. It will turn the TV on and then after that won't do anything. Volume, picking streaming service, mute, no buttons work. Please help! 

Thanks,

Shana 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Doesn't Work

Hi @Sjh1

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

If your affected remote is a Roku voice remote, we would recommend re-pairing it to your device and see if that helps. 

You can refer to this link to determine what kind of remote you have and the instructions for the troubleshooting I suggested above: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

Keep us updated on how it goes. 

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
Sjh1
Level 7

Hi Kariza,

It's not a voice remote it's just a regular remote. How do I fix that? 

Thanks,

Shana 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the response, @Sjh1

For clarification, are we talking about a remote for a Roku TV? If so, please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to their Support team to report the issue and for further help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Moreover, if it's a Roku player remote, reply here with the serial number/device ID. It can be located at the back or underneath the device itself.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos