Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lilbabyyoda
Level 7

Remote Different than Pictured [Amazon]

Jump to solution

I recently purchased the 3810R (Streaming Stick+) on Amazon. The Amazon listing shows, in two different images, Disney+ being a quick channel button. I bought this specifically because of that feature. My 4 year old uses the Netflix button, and was hoping to do the same with D+. I don’t want this model, how can I ensure I get a remote with the D+ option?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ogismyname
Level 8

Re: Remote Different than Pictured [Amazon]

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, you cannot be sure if you get a Disney+, or any button, on your remote. These buttons are paid for by other companies, like Netflix. Most of the time, Roku does not show the buttons on ads or boxes so people do not think there will be a button that is displayed on a picture. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

Sorry you can't, there's always a disclaimer that remote buttons might be different then what is pictured. All will have Netflix keys, remotes sold at Walmart will have a Vudu key. And since Amazon has been selling their own streamer, no Roku remote has had a Amazon key. That's all we can be sure of, I haven't seen one with Disney+ key and a lot remotes pass through my hands.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
lilbabyyoda
Level 7

Jump to solution

That’s a bummer.  Here’s the listing that clearly shows it. 

Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Voice Remote with TV Controls (updated for 2019) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XLWML4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YkKhEb8VVY738

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

I see, under that picture of the remote says ch keys may vary. If its going to be on one its going to be on a very new model of roku, not one in outlet section.

If you had roku that accepted IR commands which no Stick does, there are aftermarket IR universal remotes that will accept discrete command for Disney +. Of course the key wouldn't have Disney color label.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ogismyname
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, you cannot be sure if you get a Disney+, or any button, on your remote. These buttons are paid for by other companies, like Netflix. Most of the time, Roku does not show the buttons on ads or boxes so people do not think there will be a button that is displayed on a picture. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

When I look on this Roku upgrade page, which is different for each person depending on the rokus they own, I see three remotes with Disney key on them.

https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1zodiac
Level 10

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

remotes sold at Walmart will have a Vudu key. And since Amazon has been selling their own streamer, no Roku remote has had a Amazon key.

bought mine at walmart.

has Vudu and Amazon (Roku 2 (4210)).

images on the website is one thing,but pictures on packaging would cost more money for each remote that has different buttons.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

Which predates the release the first Amazon streamer. I stand by what I wrote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1zodiac
Level 10

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Which predates the release the first Amazon streamer. I stand by what I wrote. 

Fire TV came out 2014,

i bought mine in 2016....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

The Fire Tv came out in May 2014, the 4210x in 2015. I'm sure there was a contract to fulfill, and can't help what was still in retail stock in the 2016. Once Fire tv took hold they weren't going keep paying a $1 a button per remote to the competition. 

Edmund
0 Kudos