Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grimmdm
Level 7

Remote Dies

Hello I just bought a Roku Express+ and in less than two weeks the remote died...I replaced the batteries and it still won’t work...I have trouble shooting it in every possible....

how do I get a hold of someone to complain about faulty product...?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Dies

I believe the remote supplied with the Express+ sends its signals to the Roku by infrared (IR), which is direct line of sight only.

• Be sure the front face of your Express is facing your viewing location.
  • Make sure there is nothing blocking the direct line between you and the Roku.
  • Check for interference with the IR signal -- some fluorescent lights may interfere, as can direct sunlight.
  • You can check if the IR signals are being sent in the first place by pointing your remote at a digital camera, even one build into a phone or tablet, and pressing some remote buttons.  If the remote is sending signals you should see them flash on the camera view screen.

Otherwise warranty claim instructions: https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Dies

@grimmdm

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos