Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annaknue
Level 7

Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Hello.   I have 7 roku remotes. One of them always needs rebooting. It could be a week or more before I use this one and when I turn it on sometimes it will work and some times I have to reboot. Then after I reboot typically within a weekend I will need to reboot at least 1 more time....  typically more.  In addition this last time I used it the battery light kept showing up in the upper right hand corner. But showed as full charge.  Changed batteries even though the ones in there were only about a month old.   I think this roku has a short or a glitch. I don’t have the receipt. Can I return for another one?  
anna knue

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

@Annaknue

Thanks for the post.

What is the Roku model of the device that you are experiencing the issue with? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Annaknue
Level 7

I put the roku on a different TV and the same problem is occurring.  I think this is a defective  roku.   
on an other note I own about 8 of roku and am a Youtube tv subscriber. If they sever the relationships I will have to cancel YouTube TV or subscribe to Hulu.  😟

0 Kudos
Annaknue
Level 7

Serial no CT396H192501.   Not sure of the model. I think it is a roku streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos