Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

I too had a Roku 3 and the persistent battery icon drove me nuts for awhile. Whenever the icon was on (which was always) navigating any menus was painfully slow and annoying. Additionally, the **bleep** thing steadily killed whatever batteries I put in the remote control. The resolution for me was that Roku sent me a new remote control. I believe there is obvious software problems with the original Roku 3 remote control. I am honestly surprised that Roku seems to be taking a kind of piecemeal approach to this when so many people are raising the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

same thing happening here. ive tried new batteries, resetting the stick and re-pairing the remote. Nothing works. I may try pairing one of the other 2 remotes from our other roku devices, but this seems like an issue w/ the latest update maybe?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Bordentown50 @jlamonaco 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I don't understand why the mods keep asking these questions. This is a long lived issue that has been documented for several years (my initial post on this is from 2018).  They never can explain why it happens. They finally just replaced my device. That solved the issue......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Seems this battery icon sticking on is a hardware error. 

I also have the same problems and I’ve also tried all the fixes. 

According to this thread, it appears ROKU Is replacing these units. 

May I get mine replaced also? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Tbirdmojo wrote:

Seems this battery icon sticking on is a hardware error. 

I also have the same problems and I’ve also tried all the fixes. 

According to this thread, it appears ROKU Is replacing these units. 

May I get mine replaced also? 

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your serial number. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just hope it’s not like mine where I was told I would have to contact my tv manufacturer who did not care at all.

0 Kudos