Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annaknue
Reel Rookie

Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Hello.   I have 7 roku remotes. One of them always needs rebooting. It could be a week or more before I use this one and when I turn it on sometimes it will work and some times I have to reboot. Then after I reboot typically within a weekend I will need to reboot at least 1 more time....  typically more.  In addition this last time I used it the battery light kept showing up in the upper right hand corner. But showed as full charge.  Changed batteries even though the ones in there were only about a month old.   I think this roku has a short or a glitch. I don’t have the receipt. Can I return for another one?  
anna knue

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

@Annaknue

Thanks for the post.

What is the Roku model of the device that you are experiencing the issue with? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Annaknue
Reel Rookie

I put the roku on a different TV and the same problem is occurring.  I think this is a defective  roku.   
on an other note I own about 8 of roku and am a Youtube tv subscriber. If they sever the relationships I will have to cancel YouTube TV or subscribe to Hulu.  😟

0 Kudos
Annaknue
Reel Rookie

Serial no CT396H192501.   Not sure of the model. I think it is a roku streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jpvincenti

i have this same issue.  all of a sudden, on one roku, when i try to change channels, change volume, etc. the battery status will come up.  it supercedes what i was trying to do, meaning the volume doesn't change but the battery status comes up.  after repeated pressing, the action will occur, but it's draining the remote battery to press it 10-15 times every time I want to change the volume or change the channel, let alone that it's very annoying to press, wait, press, wait, and wait some more for the battery status to go away before it allows the channel change or volume change.  this happens on the TV, and in some apps like Netflix.  very strange.

roku express 4k+ model 3941

sn: x0160046csah

sw 11.5.0 build 4235-cr

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jpvincenti

Thanks for the post.

Is the remote that you are using with the Roku device the remote that the device came with or was it purchased separately?

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide a tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bishop76

Remote status won't stop displaying on TV 43S425 has two remotes paired the original and a pro. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Bishop76

Thanks for your post. 

We're here to help. For clarification, do you have a Roku TV or Roku device? What is the remote that came with the device? Have you tried to re-pair the Roku voice remote pro and see if it helps?  If not, follow the steps below:

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen. Then observe if you still see the issue occur.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Murgatroyde
Reel Rookie

I just bought a Roku ultra and have the same problem with the new voice activated remote that came with it. Also it is unresponsive for 3 or off every 10 seconds, which makes navigating very difficult. I have tried all the basic troubleshooting recommendations and tried contacting support, who just said to charge it, which did not work. Has anyone found a solution? 

0 Kudos