Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Remote Buttons

Jump to solution

I just bought a Roku Express today from Argos and in the process of setting it up, the remote isn't entirely working especially the arrows and OK buttons. It's taken me over an hour to get four words of the WiFi password, and its becoming very infuriating. Is this always a continuous problem or is there something wrong with the remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 10

Re: Remote Buttons

Jump to solution

My Remote is trouble-free.  Of course, these are IR remotes so they do need to be pointed at the Roku. (Some higher end Rokus come with Wi-Fi remotes that don't have to even be in the same room.) IR remotes can also sometimes get interference from sunlight - for example if you have sunlight is falling directly on the Roku, that could be a problem.

If you are pointing it correctly and having problems like this on day one, I would swap it out at the retailer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 10

Re: Remote Buttons

Jump to solution

My Remote is trouble-free.  Of course, these are IR remotes so they do need to be pointed at the Roku. (Some higher end Rokus come with Wi-Fi remotes that don't have to even be in the same room.) IR remotes can also sometimes get interference from sunlight - for example if you have sunlight is falling directly on the Roku, that could be a problem.

If you are pointing it correctly and having problems like this on day one, I would swap it out at the retailer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos