Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaleighf
Level 7

Remote App will not connect to new internet

I recently got ATT fiber internet and now my roku remote app will not connect to my roku devises. I had xfinity previously and it worked fine. I haven't canceled xfinity yet and can actually connect back to it and the remote app on my phone will work. But when I connect everything to the att wifi it can't find the devices. I tried to enter ip address of roku device manually and it still wouldn't connect. Help! I have kids that constantly lose these remotes I don't know what I'll do if I can't use my phones remote app 🙁

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote App will not connect to new internet

@Kaleighf  -

When seeking help it's ALWAYS a good idea to include your Roku model, model number, and Roku software version (all available via Roku menu path Settings > System > About), as the advice you need may depend on this information.

Roku Express/Express+ (not the relatively new Express 4K/4K+) and Premiere/Premiere+ are lower end units with single band Wi-Fi radios that only support the 2.4 GHz band.  They, and many other devices of all sorts that are 2.4 GHz only, can't even see the 5 GHz band, !et alone connect to it. 

If you have one of these Roku models and a dual band router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, be sure the router's 2.4 GHz band is turned on.  Within the 2.4 GHz band, Rokus support channels 1-11 as are used in North America.  If your router supports 2.4 GHz channels outside this range make sure your router is set to use a channel in this range and that you aren't using an auto setting that could select channels outside this range. 

There have been reports lately of updates to the router shutting off the router's 2.4 GHz band, especially with equipment supplied by internet providers.  Users have had to contact their provider to get 2.4 GHz turned back on or in some cases have the router replaced with a new one.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos