Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aduer
Level 7

Remot control not working from a distance

I have a problem with 2 of my Roku stick devices.  The remote control sometimes doesn't work unless I am standing next to the device (1 to 2 feet).  I have try connecting the device to an HDMI extension so it is not hidden behind the TV but that didn't help.  Also I noticed (not sure if it relevant to the issue) but batteries in botth remotes don't last to long (need to changes every month).

There mote on my phone roku app works perfectly.

Doe any one experienced this issue?  Any idea how to solve it?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Remot control not working from a distance

Honestly just sounds like the remote batteries are low. I don't know if your remotes support wireless listening (is there a headphone jack on the remote?), but if it does make sure you don't leave anything plugged into the remote when not using the headphones. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos