Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gonzotek
Level 8

Re: Missing Remoku toolbar icon

"Dude*" wrote:
Can you help me locate the Firefox add-on icon? It mentions being in a toolbar but I've looked in all of them. I am able to use it in its own tab for both my Roku 3's.

Edit:
Sorry if I should have started a new thread.

Hmmm...interesting. Something in the new UI of Firefox changed...the extension worked for me when I upgraded firefox and had it installed already, but when I removed it from the toolbar and uninstalled, then tried to reinstall I got the same issue as you...the icon is nowhere to be found...I'll need to look into this more, but bug confirmed Smiley Happy
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
0 Kudos
Dude_
Level 7

Re: Missing Remoku toolbar icon

"gonzotek" wrote:
... bug confirmed Smiley Happy

Thanks! Let me know if I can help, be glad to.
0 Kudos
NCguy
Level 7

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: February 14, 2014)

I'm new to Remoku. Could someone tell me how to determine a page's contentid? I'm only going to be using the Remoku app and not doing any deeper diving.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to rely.
0 Kudos
merlD
Level 7

Remoku help page shows
" Esc=Back "
but when using the
Remoku Firefox app
the Escape key just causes the app to
go away.
0 Kudos
Shuffle
Level 7

I have one of the TCL TV ( Model 32S3700 if it matters )that has an intergrated Roku and was wondering if it's possible to add volume controls to the chrome remoku extention, both the physical remote and the android app has this.
0 Kudos
thomasdlap
Level 7

Just found the app and think its awesome but the one feature missing is volume. Is there going to be any work on this?
0 Kudos
TiltAV
Level 7

I found power commands for Roku 4 that work on the Remoku app

Yesterday at customer's home I noticed a power button on the mobile app for the Roku 4. So i loaded up a tablet emulator on my pc and ran wireshark and I was happy to see that the power button was on the app. I pressed it and found the power code.This works best with Roku 4 so far (looking forward to the new models), and on the Roku 3 it just goes to the background screen after indicating that it is powering off. 

Here are the codes:
{"keypress":"power"}   This is more like a power toggle function
{"keypress":"poweroff"}  This also acts like a power toggle function
{"keypress":"poweron"}   This code seems to be a discrete Power On function. 

I also Tried {"keypress":"sleep"}. The Front indicator light flashed but nothing seemed to happen. 

The other ones I tried didn't work, such as powerstandby, standby, on, off, ect....

Being a custom AV installer this is helpful in many different ways.  The Roku4 does not send audio or video when in the "Display Off" power mode. This helps with HDMI hadshake issues with EDID, since you have to set your display type instead if it automatically scaling to the resolution of your TV, projector, or monitor.
0 Kudos
Meritage10
Level 8

So I just found about this app today in my quest to be able to quickly edit, re-organize and delete channels on my 6 Rokus. I read the first couple of pages so maybe I missed something. Is it possible to edit the app list found at <myrokuipaddress>:8060/query/apps and then reload it so that the list is the same for all rokus on my network, which are two each of the following, Roku 2 HD, Roko 2 XS (2012 or 2013) and a couple Roku 1's picked up last November in the Roku BF Sale.

TIA!
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 12

Simple answer:  no.
0 Kudos
Meritage10
Level 8

Well doesn't that just suck!
0 Kudos