Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trikcee
Level 7

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

So I had to reset my router this morning due to a power outage and now my remoku on both my iPhone and iPad isn't working. Help! Smiley Surprisedops:
0 Kudos
gonzotek
Level 7

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

Did the Roku IP address change? If you have a physical remote, you can check in the Roku settings>about area. If you no longer have the physical remote, it should be possible to determine the Roku IP from the router web interface. If the address changed, you can scan for or manually add the new address. If the address remained the same and you still can't connect, it's possible there is something else configured in the router that is preventing communication between the roku and phone/tablet. Does your router feature a 'wireless isolation' mode, such as a guest network that prevents devices from seeing one another? If you're not sure how to proceed, post your router make and model and we'll look up it's manual. Router firmware version too, if you can get that.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
0 Kudos
Trikcee
Level 7

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

"gonzotek" wrote:
Did the Roku IP address change? If you have a physical remote, you can check in the Roku settings>about area. If you no longer have the physical remote, it should be possible to determine the Roku IP from the router web interface. If the address changed, you can scan for or manually add the new address. If the address remained the same and you still can't connect, it's possible there is something else configured in the router that is preventing communication between the roku and phone/tablet. Does your router feature a 'wireless isolation' mode, such as a guest network that prevents devices from seeing one another? If you're not sure how to proceed, post your router make and model and we'll look up it's manual. Router firmware version too, if you can get that.


I'm pretty computer retarded! :shock: But I don't believe the Roku address changed. And the physical remote stopped working after about 3 months of owning my Roku. I'm been using Remoku for about 6 months. On Remoku when I scan for my Roku it says no Roku found. I was just using it last night. My router is a Cisco, Linksys E2500. No idea what the firmware is, sorry! And thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Gilgamesh
Level 8

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

"Trikcee" wrote:

I'm pretty computer retarded! :shock: But I don't believe the Roku address changed. And the physical remote stopped working after about 3 months of owning my Roku. I'm been using Remoku for about 6 months. On Remoku when I scan for my Roku it says no Roku found. I was just using it last night. My router is a Cisco, Linksys E2500. No idea what the firmware is, sorry! And thanks for your help!


If you have not reserved an IP address for your Roku in your router (something everyone should do if they are going to use a network based remote as scans are quite unreliable) and you rebooted your router and Roku (a power outage will do that) then there is more than a fair chance that the IP address did change.

As far as the old remote goes if you have a Roku 2 (with the rf remote) or 3 it may just simply have become unpaired. To repair just open the battery compartment and press the button you see there and then power cycle the Roku.

To find the ip address of your Roku (This should work for most systems) enter 192.168.1.1 in a browser and enter the name and password when requested. (You can find the name and password in the manual that came with your router) Then browse to a status page and look for a lan tab and there should be a listing of connected devices that includes the ip addresses.

I, too, cannot find any Rokus (I have 3) when I scan through Remoku but Remoku works great after I enter the addresses of my Rokus. I have no idea why the scan fails (hours spent trying to trouble shoot to no avail) but I really don't need it.
0 Kudos
Trikcee
Level 7

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
"Trikcee" wrote:

I'm pretty computer retarded! :shock: But I don't believe the Roku address changed. And the physical remote stopped working after about 3 months of owning my Roku. I'm been using Remoku for about 6 months. On Remoku when I scan for my Roku it says no Roku found. I was just using it last night. My router is a Cisco, Linksys E2500. No idea what the firmware is, sorry! And thanks for your help!


If you have not reserved an IP address for your Roku in your router (something everyone should do if they are going to use a network based remote as scans are quite unreliable) and you rebooted your router and Roku (a power outage will do that) then there is more than a fair chance that the IP address did change.

As far as the old remote goes if you have a Roku 2 (with the rf remote) or 3 it may just simply have become unpaired. To repair just open the battery compartment and press the button you see there and then power cycle the Roku.

To find the ip address of your Roku (This should work for most systems) enter 192.168.1.1 in a browser and enter the name and password when requested. (You can find the name and password in the manual that came with your router) Then browse to a status page and look for a lan tab and there should be a listing of connected devices that includes the ip addresses.

I, too, cannot find any Rokus (I have 3) when I scan through Remoku but Remoku works great after I enter the addresses of my Rokus. I have no idea why the scan fails (hours spent trying to trouble shoot to no avail) but I really don't need it.


Ok, I'll google how to reserve a IP address right after this issue. Smiley LOL
Found the routers status page I don't see a "lan tab" but I did look through all the tabs and don't see a list of connected devices at all. Any other suggestions or places I should look on the routers status page?
And thanks for the help on the remote!! Just searched the house for battery's cause I think it's dead. No luck!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gilgamesh
Level 8

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

"Trikcee" wrote:

Ok, I'll google how to reserve a IP address right after this issue. Smiley LOL
Found the routers status page I don't see a "lan tab" but I did look through all the tabs and don't see a list of connected devices at all. Any other suggestions or places I should look on the routers status page?
And thanks for the help on the remote!! Just searched the house for battery's cause I think it's dead. No luck!

I have the same router as you but I've installed dd-WRT in place of the default firmware so I cannot actually see what you will see but I think if you do the following you will see the assigned IP addresses.

Click the Status tab, then click the Local Network page
Click DHCP Client Table to display the currently assigned IP addresses

That is from the online manual.

Also the scan might work if you temporarily disable the router's firewall. Be sure to re-enable it after you get Remoku working.
0 Kudos
Trikcee
Level 7

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
"Trikcee" wrote:

Also the scan might work if you temporarily disable the router's firewall. Be sure to re-enable it after you get Remoku working.


Ok found all the ip addresses connected and my roku was NOT one of them. I then disabled my firewall and rescanned but nothing. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Gilgamesh
Level 8

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

"Trikcee" wrote:
"Gilgamesh" wrote:
"Trikcee" wrote:

Also the scan might work if you temporarily disable the router's firewall. Be sure to re-enable it after you get Remoku working.


Ok found all the ip addresses connected and my roku was NOT one of them. I then disabled my firewall and rescanned but nothing. Smiley Sad


Have you power cycled your Roku with your router on?

It just occured to me that you might be connecting wirelessly. If you are then it is possible that the Roku is not connecting to the wireless network. It is also possible that it will not connect until you give it the correct input.

What do you see on the Roku screen when you turn it on?
0 Kudos
Trikcee
Level 7

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
"Trikcee" wrote:
"Gilgamesh" wrote:

Have you power cycled your Roku with your router on?

It just occured to me that you might be connecting wirelessly. If you are then it is possible that the Roku is not connecting to the wireless network. It is also possible that it will not connect until you give it the correct input.

What do you see on the Roku screen when you turn it on?


Yes, I have. And it went back to my main menu of channels. I just did it again and now it's saying my roku is not connected to the Internet. I checked all the connections and everything is good. Also, my iPhone, iPad and a friends iPhone are all on the wireless network.
0 Kudos
Gilgamesh
Level 8

Re: Remoku (updated Firefox add-on: September 22, 2012)

Ah OK. It sounds like your Roku is not connecting correctly to your wireless network and without that connection Remoku cannot work. If you temporarily connect it wired you can get past that BUT when you go to set it up wirelessly you will again loose the Remoku setup and be back where you started. It is possible that for some reason your Roku is trying to connect to the wrong network or to the guest network on your router. You might be able to connect it wired and then use Remoku to get it connected to the wireless network. I am not exactly sure when during the setup process the wired connection is dropped in favor of the wireless. Since it is not working now I doubt there can be any harm done by trying.

The best thing would be to use your regular remote to get the network setup working.

If you know anyone with a Roku that uses an IR remote you can use that remote, or a universal remote with Roku codes, to get through the wireless setup.
0 Kudos