Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remoku Issue: PC (Win10) will not link-up to Chrome extension (and yes I looked up my IP address)

I misplaced my physical remote and my husband has our smartphone with the Roku ap controls.  I added the google extension into Chrome - I tried to get the app to recognize my IP address, it could not find it.  I looked up my IP address and manually added it into the settings...still nothing.  

I am registered on Roku.com and I've downloaded the Roku Channel without issue.  I am at a total loss and need this applet to work.  Please help.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

THANK YOU

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remoku Issue: PC (Win10) will not link-up to Chrome extension (and yes I looked up my IP addres

If you have roku that accepts IR codes and cellphone that emits IR commands you won't be able to use cellphone app unless the roku and cellphone are set to the same network and password. You're going to need a remote, if your roku accepts IR commands, meanng not a stick, it doesn't have to be a true roku remote, get a cheap on from the dollar store or walmart that has roku listed. 

Edmund
0 Kudos