Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sa34
Level 8

Received a no search results when trying to set up remote

I am trying to set up my new roku player on an LG TV. I went to set up remote for TV control and followed the steps.  It says to enter TV brand examples including LG, but as soon as I enter a letter it says no search results.  For kicks and grins I tried enter other TV brands and continued getting the same message.  I tried the troubleshooting in the support section, but received a message that the articles are not available.  I tried speaking to someone over chat and they kept telling me repeat the steps I had told them I had already tried. Is there someone who can help with this problem.  

16 REPLIES 16\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Received a no search results when trying to set up remote

@Sa34

Thanks for the post.

What Roku device are you connecting to your LG TV?

For more information about setting up your remote to control your TV, visit our Support page here: Set up TV controls

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bman04
Level 7

Me too. Just set up the streaming stick on my Vizio and when I go to set up the remote it says “no search results. This entry is not recognized as a supported brand.” 
I tried other brands and it says the same thing. Restarted the Roku stick and same thing. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Bman04

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can assist here as he's our resident Community remote expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@Bman04 

If Vizio or LG don't work try Goldstar tv brand. Sharp & Hisense Roku tv's use the same code set for tv power and volume as Vizio, LG, and Goldstar. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sa34
Level 8

I tried entering goldstar as you suggested.  I still received a message stating -No search results.  This entry is not recognized as a supported brand. Please check to make sure it is spelled correctly.  

It's like it doesn't even search. It just gives an error message as soon as you enter any letter.  

Sa34
Level 8

I am trying to set up a remote for a Roku Express 4k+. I also tried to connect it to my Philips TV and I received the same error message as soon as I enter a letter.  

Lee28
Level 7

I have the same problem, with my new voice remote that came with my Roku Express 4K +, spent hours looking for solution.  Roku customer support sucks, I think its time to switch to Amazon's product!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight regarding this issue as he's our resident Community remote expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
grumpy_dumper
Level 7

same issue but with a samsung tv. i purchased 2 Express 4K+ after dropping dish. first one i set up i had no problems at all. second on in our bedroom wont pair with the tv for its controls and nothing comes up when searching brands in the settings menu.