Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 11

Re: Really weird problem: All but one or two remote buttons not responding

"GG Crono" wrote:
... And how much one go about cleaning the contacts ...

Were I to choose to clean mine, I’d first try compressed air (mentioned earlier). If that didn’t work, and I wanted to try to clean it, I’d then use, wait for it, contact cleaner. I’m not being a smartass; they make that stuff. Follow the instructions on the can.
"GG Crono" wrote:
... how much one go about ... ascertaining whether or not they're defective? This seems like something that would be good to know. ...

If they are clean, and still don’t work, they’re defective.

EDIT: Note, I said “were I to choose to clean mine.” I would choose to get another remote. But that’s me. Actually, I have a spare Roku remote, just in case.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I currently use 2016 & 2017 4-device GE remotes.
On the 2016, I press exit key to go back one step, and press menu key to go to home. 
On the 2017, I press U shaped arrow key to go back one step, and press menu key to go to home. This is not the ch U shaped arrow key.

From Amazon photos - The GE 37123 8-device has a U shaped arrow key; while the GE 24927 8-device does not have a U shaped arrow key. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have similar problem with the remote. It had happened once before and it all of sudden started working again. Some time has passes and it just stopped working again. With mine, nothing works but the on-off switch and volume controls. I am not up for dismantling and cleaning the remote so I guess my best bet is to get a replacement remote and pair it with my Roku stick?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

"PeggaramaNo1" wrote:
I have similar problem with the remote. It had happened once before and it all of sudden started working again. Some time has passes and it just stopped working again. With mine, nothing works but the on-off switch and volume controls. I am not up for dismantling and cleaning the remote so I guess my best bet is to get a replacement remote and pair it with my Roku stick?

You didn't say what model Roku you have, other than saying it's a Stick. Since it has power and volume buttons, I'll assume it's a new model. The power and volume are probably working via IR (infrared), so is separate functionality from the Roku control functions, which use a WiFi Direct connection to the Stick. Naturally, the first suggestion is to replace the remote batteries. The next would be to attempt a re-pair of the remote. Since I don't have any of those specific remotes, I can't outline the way to do it. Some remotes have a pair button under the battery cover. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"PeggaramaNo1" wrote:

Just tried the power cycling and pairing and it worked!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Excellent!
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Mine just did same thing - 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How do you power cycle the remote?

All buttons work on my remote except power and  volume.  I changed batteries many times. Unplugged the stick from the back of tv where it has lived a year and a half.  

I use the voice option and speak to the remote and say power off, it says powering off but it never does.  I speak to the voice option increase volume. It says increasing volume but it never does.

I did this - no help

HOW TO POWER CYCLE YOUR ROKU PLAYER
  1. From the Main menu, go to "Settings". Select "System" and then "System Restart". Select "Restart". ...
  2. Unplug the player's power adapter plug from the outlet that it is connected to. Wait for 20 seconds. Plug your device back in and then wait for your device to restart.

ANY IDEAS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Program your tv in?

settings> remote & devices> remote in use> program tv> follow the prompts

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Im having similar issue, when I press ANY button other than the right arrow, it shirt cues me to a channel, roku channel OR Vudo... As if they are all short cut buttons?? Df is going on???

0 Kudos