Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexwl7

Radio Frequency or Infrared Remote?

Jump to solution

I have an outdoor tv and need a device that has a radio frequency powered remote.  Is the Roku Streaming Stick+ 4k remote powered by radio frequency or infrared?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Radio Frequency or Infrared Remote?

Jump to solution

Several Roku players have WiFi Direct remotes. Besides all versions of the Roku Stick, the Ultra, Express 4K+ and I believe the Streambar all come with the WiFi remote. Some older models also came with a WiFi remote. That said, you can add a WiFi remote to most (but not all) Roku players, so even ones that didn't come with one will still work with one. I added a Voice Remote to my Premiere 3920 and it works just fine. I believe the basic Express models are the only ones that don't support a WiFi remote, other than the Express+ 3931 which does.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Radio Frequency or Infrared Remote?

Jump to solution

Several Roku players have WiFi Direct remotes. Besides all versions of the Roku Stick, the Ultra, Express 4K+ and I believe the Streambar all come with the WiFi remote. Some older models also came with a WiFi remote. That said, you can add a WiFi remote to most (but not all) Roku players, so even ones that didn't come with one will still work with one. I added a Voice Remote to my Premiere 3920 and it works just fine. I believe the basic Express models are the only ones that don't support a WiFi remote, other than the Express+ 3931 which does.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos