Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coachd917

ROKU remote only controls volume in the down direction, will not control volume increase

Recently, my remote stopped directing volume increase, and will only decrease the volume.  We have had to use the TV remote to control volume up.  what is the fix?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU remote only controls volume in the down direction, will not control volume increase

@Coachd917 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried to repair your remote to your TV to see if that resolves the issue?

For more information about how to pair you remote to control your TV volume and power, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UC1975

Re: ROKU remote only controls volume in the down direction, will not control volume increase

I am having a similar problem.  I can hear the volume down button click, and it decreases properly.  The volume up button appears to be stuck.  No click sound, and it increases by itself to 100 even when I am not using the remote. The only way I can stop it from increasing the volume is to remove a battery.  I have tried re-pairing remote, resetting the stick and even cleaning the volume button.   I definitely think the remote is faulty. I am very reluctant to purchase another Roku device.  Does Roku offer any type of replacement?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Not if this is a Roku tv, then you have to get in touch with Tv manufacturer, Roku only supplies UI for Roku TV's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos