Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nightfisher
Streaming Star

ROKU TV - The Last Channel Button was lost when Pause/Playback function was added.

I am a new ROKU TV owner and initially did not have a thumb drive for Pause/Playback. 

I liked the feature of being able to toggle between the channel I am watching and the LAST CHANNEL I watched before.  BUT, when I added the thumb drive I now have the pause/playback features, but the OLD LAST CHANNEL BUTTON is now a short rewind feature. 

Is there any way I can still have a button to toggle between the last channel and current channel?

3 REPLIES 3
Skotb

Re: ROKU TV - The Last Channel Button was lost when Pause/Playback function was added.

I also have this problem. I do not see any solutions or support to this issue. Has this question been submitted to customer support?

Anxious,

Skotb

u_r_o_k
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU TV - The Last Channel Button was lost when Pause/Playback function was added.

I have this exact same problem and feel it is another really stupid thing ROKU should have solved long ago.  There is no warning of this feature failure & it was not easy to find this thread that shows it is a real problem.  Why would they do that?  do they think people are not using the Last Channel button on their jive remotes that dont allow you to numerically punch a channel? Jesus I use the **bleep** last channel button all the time.  Why would they just steal the button for the USB pause feature??? Why would they not advise users that such BS would happen?  really dumb really frustrating. probably I will take out the USB because I only thought it would be a nice to have just sitting there so I should take advantage of it.  but I dont want to lose the Last Channel which I consider more of a must have.  LAME

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@u_r_o_k 

Roku doesn't make Roku TVs. Roku licenses the software to TV manufacturers.

Roku TVs do not use the standard Roku IR code set on their remotes. The manufacturers control that, although most seem to use one of two different code sets (neither matching Roku's standard for Roku-manufactured devices).

So, if a remote that a TV manufacturer built loses a function, you should probably address it with the TV manufacturer.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."