Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Remotes have gone downhill since early 2000s

I have had ROKU players since early 2000.  I own ROKU stock.  I loved the WiFi remotes and headphone capability with the remotes.  I thought Roku was amazing.  

I recently purchased:
TCL S327 Series 32” (1080p) Roku smart LED TV (2018 model)

Roku Premier Premiere 3920R(4K with garbage remote)

both of these came with terrible IR remotes with no headphone jack.  Way cheaper than the quality I expected of ROKU.

How do I get a WiFi remote with headphone jack for these two products?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: ROKU Remotes have gone downhill since early 2000s

I don't know whether or not you can blame Roku for what comes with TCL's product, but I believe any of the Wi-Fi remotes will work.  @Tivoburkee would know for sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: ROKU Remotes have gone downhill since early 2000s

Sorry but the Roku Premiere 3920 will not work with headphone jack on the Enhanced voice remote. You can pair the wifi remote to 3920, and even program the 1 & 2 voice search keys, but it is not compatible with the headphones. THe 3921 Premiere + will work with the headphones. 

As for the Roku tv, I doubt the 32" will work, if you want to know for sure go into the settings> system> about> Roku tv: what is model number on this line? Only the following roku tv models work with the Enhanced voice remote headphone jack:

Roku TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X) 

Its the first number or letter that matters, the three zeroes change with where it is purchased or features. 

Edmund
0 Kudos