Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smokindog
Level 8

ROKU Remote buttons

Let me begin by saying that I understand the marketing and the agreements and the cash that surround the specific buttons for specific product and services such as Netflix on the ROKU remotes.

HOWEVER, on a remote with such limited functionality to begin with, PLEASE start to negotiate terms allowing those buttons to be re-assigned.  Something like 6 months after the date of initial activation or whatever.

I can't tell you the number of times I've dropped my remote and or the dog has jumped on the couch and BOOM, the show I'm watching is gone and I'm at a screen to install an app I don't want.  Heck, I'd probably be willing to pay $5-$10 to have the privilege of remapping these buttons for ALL devices on my account.

PLEASE do something, I know this has been asked before.

Brought to you from someplace in Texas!
Labels (1)
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU Remote buttons

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback about your remote buttons. I'll pass it along to our team.

If you're looking for more ways to launch specific channels on your device, check out the free Roku mobile app here: https://support.roku.com/article/115003211087-how-do-i-manage-channels-using-the-roku-mobile-app-[/u...

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos