Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Witchiepoo
Level 7

ROKU 4 remote needs constant reboot

My ROKU remote worked fine for quite a while but now randomly it stops!  I literally have to take out "both" batteries, taking out one does not work, and re-pair it to the device.  They have nearly full power each time yet continually stop working.  Many times I hit play, set the remote down, watch the entire movie or episode and when I grab the remote it won't work.  This happens 8-9 times a week.  Why?  The remotes are expensive and I just can't afford another one.  Is there a warranty or replacement clause somewhere?   

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: ROKU 4 remote needs constant reboot

Roku warranty is for one year, and the Roku 4 has been out far longer than that (first released Oct 2015). New remotes really aren't that expensive. The voice remote, which most closely matches your original remote, is $20, and the IR remote (no voice, no headphone jack, line of sight with the Roku player required) is $15. There are generic IR remotes available from a large number of locations that can be found closer to $10. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos