Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treborlicec
Level 7

RF point anywhere enhanced remotes will not pair

I have 2 RF point anywhere enhanced remotes that will not pair with any of my Rokus.  I have a Roku 2 and a 3 and a Sharp Roku TV.  I really want to use these as they have the controller feature for games and the games are useless and unplayable with the IR remotes I have.  I've followed all the guides and neither of the RF remotes (which came with my Roku 2 and Roku 3 years ago) will pair with any of the devices. 

The 2 lights just blink slowly together and the screen shows "checking for remote" and eventually times out after several minutes showing "no remote found"

Are they toast?  I would love for Roku to replace them, but I can't reach anyone on the phone and when I go through the tech support section, they won't even let me present this issue to a person via chat or email.  Any help would be great.  

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RF point anywhere enhanced remotes will not pair

The two lights? Are they on the front just under the blue key? Does this remote have headphone jack? If yes to first question and NO to second you have Bluetooth remote that came out with xd or xs Roku 2 and sorry but is useless on current rokus that use Wifi-Direct RF remotes and not bluetooth like your remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
treborlicec
Level 7

Thank you for the response.  Yes, 2 lights under the blue B button.  This remote came with my Roku 2 and with my Roku 3.  How are they useless with those devices today?  They stopped working years ago, but I wanted to try to get them working again.  Same devices they worked with when they shipped.  I can accept that they may not work with my Sharp Roku TV, but they were included with my stand alone Rokus.  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The roku 3 came with similar looking remote, but it had only one light under the blue key and included a headphone jack, this is wifi remote completely different from the bluetooth remote in your first post. From across the room they look the same from the front, easy to get confused with each other but they aren't interchangeable. The bluetooth is GR14 where the Roku 3 remote is RC03. If the GR14 is the only one you own now it will never work with roku 3 nor your roku tv. If the roku 2 is xd or xs then it should work if not broken. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
treborlicec
Level 7

Thank you for the clarification.  I'm confused now, why I have 2 of these Roku 2 bluetooth remotes, then.  I've only ever had one Roku 2 XS, one Roku 3 and one Roku SE (which came with a line of sight remote).  So, if I get a Roku 3 Wifi remote with the A and B buttons, will it pair with my Roku TV?  I appreciate your wealth of knowledge on this subject. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

I have had my RC03 Roku 3 remote paired with my TCL Roku tv, after recent update to the roku tv and other rokus they name it Game remote in the settings, where befiore it was just remote amoung other remotes that are paired to the tv. 

Edmund

0 Kudos