Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatE
Visitor

RCA UNIVERSAL REMOTE. RCR414BHZ

Bought this universal remote RCA # RCR414BHZ. Can't get the roku to work with it. I do everything the instructions say. But can't get it to do anything. Trying to use it on the streaming stick in my bedroom. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? It came with codes 53061 and 53271. Also it came with a code on the code sheet that list sat/cable/streaming as one numbers. It is listed as a 3. Anyone know what that is? Trying to get to 1 remote instead of 2. Help please.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RCA UNIVERSAL REMOTE. RCR414BHZ

You can't use a universal remote on a stick, as it does not have an IR receiver. You can only use a Roku remote that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
PatE
Visitor

"atc98092" wrote:
You can't use a universal remote on a stick, as it does not have an IR receiver. You can only use a Roku remote that supports Wi-Fi Direct.

Thanks. Then it will work on my roku tv.
Tivoburkee

Roku TV's don't respond to roku codes in universal remotes, they respond to TV codes that may also control Roku tv. Check the tv code listed for your brand of tv, which is?
Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
gfunk81
Visitor

On the code list under "Video - Accessory - Streaming Player" it lists 2 potential codes for the Roku. The first is 53061 and the second is 52371. The first code worked for my Roku 3. All the purple buttons control the Roku.
davo1368

TCL ROKU Tv
0 Kudos
davo1368

Okay I'm going to see if I can get this as simple as I can put it I have a 32in TCL Roku TV will the RCA rcr414bhz universal remote pair with it I have a monster ir remote repeater wishes everyone knows does not come with a remote before I buy 14 different universal I IR capable remotesI figured someone who let me know if the universal remote I already have will work. I remodel homes I don't do tech stuff so I figured I'll give it one shot try the community let's see what happens and how easy of a answer it can be yes or no, honestly it's it will pair I can figure out how to pair it.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

try either tv code 10463 or 10178. One of these will get you power, volume, and mute, maybe menu keys, not sure about transport commands like PLAY and FF, usually TV's don't have those commands.

Those are UEI codes, the Roku TCL tv code in other remotes is 14398, so give it a try too.

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Stargle

Oh my thank you I was trying so hard to figure this out since I had to get a new internet box and lost my remote this worked the first time! 

0 Kudos
JQuest

I have a ROKU Premiere 4K, which is a IR based remote. The code list for this RCA remote states to use 53061 or 52371 under STREAMING mode. Since I'm using STREAMING mode for KODI on my Raspberry Pi 3, I used the DVD/BLUERAY mode with the 53061 code and it seems to work. BTW: neither code is listed  under DVD/BLUERAY mode but still works. Also the "*" on the ROKU remote is accessed with the "*" Info button on this RCA remote.

Peace and blessings, JQ 

0 Kudos