Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
93lt1
Reel Rookie

RC506 Remote - Battery drains in less than a week w/o use

Recently purchased new and right out of the box, the RC506 remote for the Ultra player drains the batteries when at rest. We've replaced the batteries over 6 times.

The firmware version is rtn.4158.

Please advise on how to get this resolved asap.

Thank You

Hank B.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: RC506 Remote - Battery drains in less than a week w/o use

Are you plugging headphones into it? Using it for private listening?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @93lt1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
93lt1
Reel Rookie

Hello Kariza

I have a 4800x player serial # S02A21190TSE.

Thank you

0 Kudos
93lt1
Reel Rookie

I'm not using the ear buds. The remote is barely used  when the batteries drain. We have several other Roku players, so we're vary familiar with the remotes capabilities.

Thanks for replying

0 Kudos
Reklats
Reel Rookie

I noticed that the battery's I take out still have a voltage of 1.482 volts. A fresh battery reads 1.609 volts so the Roku remote is only allowing a drop of .127 volts in battery voltage before the remote won't function any more. I can use the battery's I take out of the Roku remote in other devices for a long time. I believe people are forced to change batteries that still have a lot of service left. Maybe the remote needs some redesign or better chip set?

93lt1
Reel Rookie

Hello Kariza

Where are we with this issue. I'm getting ready to return the entire system back to Costco. Is Roku not

supporting their product?

Please advise.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@93lt1

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your Roku device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brittany3

I am having the same issues. I bought it about 6 months ago, i’ve tried every brand of batteries. This is getting very irritating. I now have a box of batteries sitting on my living room side table just for my remote. model number RC506, and firmware version rtn.4182. 

I am not using the headphones. I Roku devices all throughout my house, I have the exact same type of Roku in my bedroom and I do not have this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Brittany3

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos