Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

RC35 with Premiere

Jump to solution

Checking to see if the RC35 will pair with the Premiere. If not, please explain why.

I looked around the forum and it seems that the RC35 remote and the newer Rokus both use WiFi direct, but the accessories page doesn’t show that remote (I’m assuming the RC35 is the gaming remote) as compatible with the premiere. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: RC35 with Premiere

Jump to solution

It would pair with premiere but the headphone jack won't work, and there's no tv controls like newer remotes have, just bad remote for that roku. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

I can only guess roku didn't put the code in the premiere for it to work, plain and simple. 

And yes it will work with Premiere + 3921, the smaller express size premiere plus, I have no idea if it will work on older large chassis premiere pluses. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

It would pair with premiere but the headphone jack won't work, and there's no tv controls like newer remotes have, just bad remote for that roku. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

TV control isn’t important, private listening is, however. Do you happen to know why the private listening functionality doesn’t work with the premiere? What about premiere+? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

I can only guess roku didn't put the code in the premiere for it to work, plain and simple. 

And yes it will work with Premiere + 3921, the smaller express size premiere plus, I have no idea if it will work on older large chassis premiere pluses. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Looks like they’re handicapping quite a bit of functionality—the app, new products, etc.—to try and force people into more expensive/newer models. Not a good look. Seems like it might be time to pick up a PS4 media remote and switch to their ecosystem. 

0 Kudos