Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

RC35 remote drains batteries with headphone in

Jump to solution

I've been using the Roku RC35 remote with the Roku 3 base unit for several years without issue.  Within the past week I notice that when using the headphones, the remote is indicating the batteries are drained within a couple of days, even if new batteries are installed.  No such problems if the headphone is not hooked up.  There have been similar posts recently so I'm wondering if this could be a software issue (running the most recent update 9.3.0) rather than a problem with the remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: RC35 remote drains batteries with headphone in

Jump to solution

Yep. Nothing wrong. Running the audio amplifier in the remote to feed headphones takes a lot of power. Leaving the phones connected means the amp is always on. Batteries will drain quickly, as you've seen.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Yeah I've heard about this as well.

Just unplug them when not in use.

Has nothing to do with 9.3

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Yep. Nothing wrong. Running the audio amplifier in the remote to feed headphones takes a lot of power. Leaving the phones connected means the amp is always on. Batteries will drain quickly, as you've seen.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post