Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: RC250 Roku

Roku really needs to do a better job of documenting which remotes work with their perspective devices and which one's won't, comprehensive detail sure would help!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
As a reminder, not all Roku remotes are compatible with all Roku player devices. Please be sure to review the supported models listed with each remote on our accessories page to ensure compatibility with your device: 

https://www.roku.com/accessories

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner, Roku could have been a hard case, when they came out with Roku model that included  tv power & volume controls, and made it only available with newer models of roku. Meaning if you wanted this feature you have to get a new Roku!! But they didn't, they upgraded UI of all Wifi remote controlled Roku models ever made. And started selling the remotes separately. So for the older models of Roku to take advantage of this, you have to get a one of the two models of remote with IR on board,  There's one geared to Sticks, and one for Consoles. So people with Roku 3's, Roku 2's, 3500 Roku Sticks, 3600 Roku Sticks, first generation Ultra's, and many other models are going to have to buy remote not currently listing their models to get tv power & volume controls. That's the way it is. Me directing them to said remotes, and you telling them only buy remotes with their models listed isn't helping anyone.
Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

To clarify a bit further here, we do not guarantee device model support with remotes, unless compatibility is stated directly for that model of remote on our Accessories page. 

Results may vary with other device models, but these are not officially supported use cases. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
To clarify a bit further here, we do not guarantee device model support with remotes, unless compatibility is stated directly for that model of remote on our Accessories page. 

Results may vary with other device models, but these are not officially supported use cases. 

Thanks,
Tanner

I have a Steaming Stick (3500) and the RC41 remote has been slowly wearing out.  First the right arrow stopped working than the down arrow, both of which were annoying but could still be worked around.  Now the entire d-pad is dead so stating the stick is difficult to control. is putting it mildly  I looked at the website and none of the remotes available list the 3500 as a supported device, what options are there for a replacement?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@shellwig 

We don't currently offer a replacement remote for that model of Roku Streaming Stick. You can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control, or feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and I'll get you in touch with our support team to see if they have any additional options that may help. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Tanner, I have to say that the Roku app on a phone or tablet is worthless as a replacement remote for a Stick, or in reality for any player that doesn't have an Ethernet jack. The Roku has to be on the network for the app to work, and it doesn't take a whole lot to have a wireless interruption, and can't get the Roku back on line. And with a Stick you almost expect it to be used as a portable player. I understand the 3500 is getting pretty old, but I have trouble believing another WiFi Direct remote won't work with it. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@atc98092

Thanks for the feedback here. I can understand, and relate to, the challenges you described when trying to use the mobile app under some circumstances, such as needing to connect your device to a different/new Wi-Fi network. This would be a nice suggestion to add as a feature improvement request for future consideration!

There are a variety of factors that go into whether or not a device remote/accessory is considered 'supported' for any specific model, which isn't as simple as whether it is a Wi-Fi direct remote, or not (unfortunately). You may experience some success, of varying results, when trying to use an unsupported remote on a device, but it is not guaranteed. In these cases, if the functionality doesn't work correctly, and it is not an officially supported device model for use with that particular remote/accessory, there isn't likely further resolution that we'd be able to provide. This is why I recommend observing the officially supported device models when considering any replacement remote/accessory (for optimal results). 

If anyone needs additional help locating a replacement remote, or isn't able to identify the correct model for their device, please feel free to PM me directly for more help. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

"shellwig" wrote:
"RokuTannerD" wrote:

Thanks,
Tanner

I have a Steaming Stick (3500) and the RC41 remote has been slowly wearing out.  First the right arrow stopped working than the down arrow, both of which were annoying but could still be worked around.  Now the entire d-pad is dead so stating the stick is difficult to control. is putting it mildly  I looked at the website and none of the remotes available list the 3500 as a supported device, what options are there for a replacement?

If I were you I go with $19.99 voice remote under player accessories, but if you want the exact replacement, I have rc41 you can have, never used, pm me.
Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I was using my Roku 3 a little over a year ago when HSN had the Roku Ultra as a Today's Special. What I liked about it the most in HSN's presentations was the remote because of the ability of it to control your TV's volume and the Power button to power it off plus the Voice Search button.

After I received the Roku Ultra, I didn't want to set it up right away, but I opened up the box to pull out the remote and look at it. I was so anxious to try it, so I immediately paired it to my Roku 3 by going to Settings > Pair new device and it paired perfectly and I set the remote to contol the volume and power on my TV. So, the Roku Ultra RC135 remote works with the Roku 3. I used the Roku Ultra remote with the Roku 3 for a while before I set the Roku Ultra up. Also the Roku 3 remote will pair with and work with the Roku Ultra.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Can you buy the RC135? Do you think the RC345 would work with the roku 3?
0 Kudos