Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: RC250 Roku

"rochilla" wrote:
Tivoburkee, you say I bought the wrong remote, but the description of the 3rd remote down appears to say it supports the volume feature and works with all roku TV models. Here is how it's described. Why shouldn't this work? Thanks!

Use your voice to search for movies, shows, or actors across more than 1,000 channels. Plus, you can power up and change the volume on most TVs, so no more juggling remotes.
Compatible with:
- All Roku TV™ models

A Roku 3 is not Roku TV.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

There are Apple TV's and Fire TV's which are consoles and sticks, but Roku was never known as one until there was actual TV with Roku built in. It is the number one selling tv the last 3 or 4 years, so they're very popular, and so roku sells remote for them.
Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

OK! Now that makes sense, but the model you suggested doesn't list the Roku 3 as a supported model. Is it indeed one?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Yes, I can assure you it will control your Roku 3. The Fourth one on the list has the headphone jack, second one doesn't. The one that has Roku 3 listed, is the exact same remote included with the Roku 3, meaning no TV power & TV volume.
Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

"rochilla" wrote:
OK! Now that makes sense, but the model you suggested doesn't list the Roku 3 as a supported model. Is it indeed one?

Thanks!

"Tivoburkee" wrote:
Yes, I can assure you it will control your Roku 3. The Fourth one on the list has the headphone jack, second one doesn't. The one that has Roku 3 listed, is the exact same remote included with the Roku 3, meaning no TV power & TV volume.

I too have that remote running a Roku 3. It'll work, just like Tivoburkee said.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So to be sure, you're saying the second remote can control the roku 3 and the non-roku TV volume?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Yes, buts thinner then your roku 3 remote, and doesn't have the headphone jack, then its $10 cheaper. I prefer that of the headphoneless  remote. I see its backed ordered 'til 22nd.
Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks, I understand now, but why make a roku TV that doesn't work with the essentially identical remote designed for all other TVs? I guess I'll leave that one up to the engineers. Guess I'm out 30 bucks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

As a reminder, not all Roku remotes are compatible with all Roku player devices. Please be sure to review the supported models listed with each remote on our accessories page to ensure compatibility with your device: 

https://www.roku.com/accessories

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Rokutanerdb,

Thanks for your reply. However the remote that the community suggests I should buy does not list Roku3 as being supported, although others say it will work, so it's not clear on the website. Also the website does not list older roku models in the remote finding page, so there's that issue too. Finally, there is absolutely no support for remote purchases, so I can't call or email anyone to ask which remote to buy or why my remote doesn't perform as expected. On top of that shipping is super slow for remotes, not free, and they break or get lost easily. I've been otherwise happy with my rokus, but this experience does make me want to explore other products. Thanks for you remarks.

Rochilla
0 Kudos