Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: RC250 Roku

"rochilla" wrote:
Can you buy the RC135? Do you think the RC345 would work with the roku 3?

Which one is the RC345? When I go to the accessories page right here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player, it just lists the name of the remotes and not the model #s. I am using Chrome on my phone. It says the Roku Gaming Remote works with the Roku 3 and it has voice search, but I think the volume control buttons on that one only control you headphones' volume and it has a shiny slick surface like the standard Roku 3 remote. The Roku Enhanced Remote doesn't have Roku 3 as a compatible device and works with the Ultra. Being that my Ultra remote worked with my Roku 3, I'm assuming that one would work with the Roku 3 too. But, I'm not sure. So, you might be risking $29.99 if you order it and it don't work (if you can't return it).

With the Roku Enhanced Remote being $30.00, you might just want to consider putting that $30.00 toward a new Roku Ultra which may be found on sale at this time for $79.99. That's what I paid for mine last year when it was a HSN Today's Special. The Roku Ultra has a much faster interface (You can scroll through the Channels faster, much more responsive- it has a quad core processor. And, I am using a Sharp TV that I bought in 2008 that has only 720p and 1080i HD picture quality and I see a big difference in picture quality at 720p and 1080i then what I saw with the Roku 3. Videos play smoother also.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

"rochilla" wrote:

Yes, the Enhanced Voice Remote will work with roku 3 just fine. If you want the tv power and volume, along with headphone jack that is the remote to get.
Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

"Tonya G" wrote:
"rochilla" wrote:

Which one is the RC345? When I go to the accessories page right here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player, it just lists the name of the remotes and not the model #s. I am using Chrome on my phone. It says the Roku Gaming Remote works with the Roku 3 and it has voice search, but I think the volume control buttons on that one only control you headphones' volume and it has a shiny slick surface like the standard Roku 3 remote. The Roku Enhanced Remote doesn't have Roku 3 as a compatible device and works with the Ultra. Being that my Ultra remote worked with my Roku 3, I,m assuming that one would work with the Roku 3 too. But, I'm not sure. So, you might be risking $29.99 if you order it and it don't work (if you can't return it).

With the Roku Enhanced Remote being $30.00, you might just want to consider putting that $30.00 toward a new Roku Ultra which may be found on sale at this time for $79.99. That's what I paid for mine last year when it was a HSN Today's Special.

If you add the Enhance Voice remote to your cart, it will be labeled as the rc345. Do not go for gaming remote, it is exactly like the original roku 3 remote, NO volume and power via IR!!!
Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

"Tivoburkee" wrote:
"Tonya G" wrote:
"rochilla" wrote:

Which one is the RC345? When I go to the accessories page right here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player, it just lists the name of the remotes and not the model #s. I am using Chrome on my phone. It says the Roku Gaming Remote works with the Roku 3 and it has voice search, but I think the volume control buttons on that one only control you headphones' volume and it has a shiny slick surface like the standard Roku 3 remote. The Roku Enhanced Remote doesn't have Roku 3 as a compatible device and works with the Ultra. Being that my Ultra remote worked with my Roku 3, I,m assuming that one would work with the Roku 3 too. But, I'm not sure. So, you might be risking $29.99 if you order it and it don't work (if you can't return it).

With the Roku Enhanced Remote being $30.00, you might just want to consider putting that $30.00 toward a new Roku Ultra which may be found on sale at this time for $79.99. That's what I paid for mine last year when it was a HSN Today's Special.

If you add the Enhance Voice remote to your cart, it will be labeled as the rc345. Do not go for gaming remote, it is exactly like the original roku 3 remote, NO volume and power via IR!!!

Good to know!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I know the Roku Ultra was on sale on the Amazon website a little while ago for $79.99 because I just recently saw a Twitter post about it. But, it's not now. Maybe there will be a Mother's Day or Father's Day sale for the Roku Ultra and you could put the $30.00 toward the Roku Ultra instead of a new remote for the Roku 3?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Edit:

Sales over.
Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I see Roku continues refusing to help us understand which remotes will operate our older devices.
Highlighted
Level 19

Hi there! 

You can review the officially supported device models listed next to each remote on our accessories page here to ensure compatibility with your device: 

https://www.roku.com/accessories[/url:1iw0i85w]

If you need any additional help locating a replacemen...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

You can't beat this price for ten roku remotes that will control your tv volume:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-Replacement-Remote-Control-for-Roku-with-TV-Controls-RC-AL2/30315...

Actually you can when they were priced at $29.99. Smiley Happy
Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

So I felt I should post an update because the Roku remote I had initially written about is suddenly able to control my TV volume! I'm not sure if this is due to a software update or some other change, but I took no deliberate action to achieve this. The power button always worked, but the volume and mute buttons were inactive until today.

This remote pairs with my Roku 3 as RC250, and the product I ordered to receive it was something like "Remote for Roku TVs". The Catch 22? This remote no longer appears to be offered for sale. Still though, if you have a remote with non working volume buttons, it may be worth giving it another shot!
0 Kudos