Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChiroVette
Level 7

Queestion about Two Adjacent Roku TV's

Hey everyone! I am new here, but have a question. I am currently using a 43" Sharp Roku TV on my bedroom desk as a computer monitor and for PC gaming and some other stuff. However, because of the layout of my bedroom, my PC desk is right next to the TV stand for my 55" bedroom TV. Right now its not an issue because I have a 55" Panasonic Viera from 2013. However, I am considering upgrading to 4K, and am looking at several of the 55" TCL Roku TV's. The price is awesome, and I like the Roku interface. However, it occurred to me before buying this set that I am surely going to have some problems with one remote accidentally turning on and controlling both sets, given the proximity of them.

So if I cannot find a way around this, I think this would be a non-starter for me. I have a Logitech Harmony Elite, but I really don't want to use that in the bedroom as it is in the living room home theater system, and even if I was willing to, bouncing back and forth in the touch screen to toggle between the two sets would be annoying.

I notice that some of the newer Roku sets have RF remotes, and that makes me wonder if there might be a solution in there somewhere?

tl;dr version: Basically, with a Roku TV,  I need to be able to control ONLY one TV at a time and not have the remote for one always turning on/off the other set. If that's possible. If not, I will have to look elsewhere for a 55" 4K.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Queestion about Two Adjacent Roku TV's

Yes, you can either use the app to control a TV or box exclusively, and as you said, you can buy an enhanced remote for each Roku, and each remote will be linked to it's respective Roku.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos