Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1234567890
Level 7

Purple Roku Streaming Stick Never Pairs

Jump to solution

I have a purple streaming stick that I've had for a few years. The remote that came with my roku never pairs. I had issues with it for a long time so I've just been using the app. Had to reset my roku today because I changed internet and for the first time in at least a year, I was finally able to get my remote to pair. 

Once I tried to use it, only certain buttons worked. I could press the side to side buttons, but as soon as I tried to press down, it would take me to the previous screen or to the home page. 

I tried to reset the remote and now the light has just been blinking for at least 5 minutes. I even tried an older remote to see and that also blinked forever. I have put in new batteries for both remotes and still nothing. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm going insane. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Never Pairs

Jump to solution

@user1234567890 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku Streaming Stick 3500 (the purple stick) is an older model. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Never Pairs

Jump to solution

@user1234567890 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku Streaming Stick 3500 (the purple stick) is an older model. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos