Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACRinSD
Level 7

Programming remote for new TV

I have a ROKU Ultra which has the remote paired with an old TV.  We purchased a new TV and I'm trying to pair the remote to control the new TV.  The issue is that, when I go to Remotes & Devices >> Remotes (In Use), it just tests the current setup, but I see no way to change the TV that the remote is controlling.  I've searched through the boards, and watched a video which showed a popup where a list of manufacturers was provided, but I don't see that on mine.  Any idea how I can remove the current TV control so I can start over?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Programming remote for new TV

Re-Pair the remote to the Roku, even though its paired already, we want it to think its starting fresh with new set up and new tv.  

settings> remote & devices> pair a new device> remote> follow the prompts

If you programmed 1 & 2 keys already it should remember them after the re-pair since its saved in the roku itself and not the remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
ACRinSD
Level 7

So I just re-paired the remote, and it still only tests the current TV, without giving me the option of searching for a new TV to control.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

I say with it connected to the new tv, just let it test the codes even though you didn't have a chance of telling it to search for different brand. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
ACRinSD
Level 7

I have, but it doesn't work.  Different brand TV and the old on was 13 years old.

0 Kudos