Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACRinSD
Level 7

Programming remote for new TV

I have a ROKU Ultra which has the remote paired with an old TV.  We purchased a new TV and I'm trying to pair the remote to control the new TV.  The issue is that, when I go to Remotes & Devices >> Remotes (In Use), it just tests the current setup, but I see no way to change the TV that the remote is controlling.  I've searched through the boards, and watched a video which showed a popup where a list of manufacturers was provided, but I don't see that on mine.  Any idea how I can remove the current TV control so I can start over?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Programming remote for new TV

Re-Pair the remote to the Roku, even though its paired already, we want it to think its starting fresh with new set up and new tv.  

settings> remote & devices> pair a new device> remote> follow the prompts

If you programmed 1 & 2 keys already it should remember them after the re-pair since its saved in the roku itself and not the remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ACRinSD
Level 7

So I just re-paired the remote, and it still only tests the current TV, without giving me the option of searching for a new TV to control.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I say with it connected to the new tv, just let it test the codes even though you didn't have a chance of telling it to search for different brand. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ACRinSD
Level 7

I have, but it doesn't work.  Different brand TV and the old on was 13 years old.

0 Kudos