1. Current Remotes: No way to program to certain apps, each remote unique in selections of preprogrammed quick launch options example: netflix, disney, hulu, and sling while another remote has different ones.
2. No backlight on remote, cannot see buttons unless use to remote. Needs led lights backlighting buttons so one can see in dark what to press.
3. Larger button remote for elderly, simple layout with volume button on top not side, matter as fact volume on top easier for anyone rather than on side like a cellphone. But an options to purchase a remote just made a certain way like for older adults or special needs people would buy.
4. Jack on side for audio should be replaced with bluetooth technology as power consumption will kill batteries quickly the way it is currently. Also so many devices support wireless listening nowadays. I like the jack but I've heard people say they wish they didn't have to carry the remote with them if they move around.
5. Button layout change, larger home button different from others, colored button for back, better layout spaced out larger of play, forward, back, etc.