Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAL723
Level 7

Problems pairing remote with Roku Utltra, following factory reset and wireless connectivity issues

I have not been able to see or connect to my wireless connection.

Tried restarts/reboots. No luck.

Updated router firmware. No luck.

Tried to change router settings. No Luck.

Finally decided a factory reset on the Roku unit. Now I can't pair my remote.

Please help!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Problems pairing remote with Roku Utltra, following factory reset and wireless connectivity issu

Did you use this process to re-pair the remote?

1) Remove power from the Roku for a few seconds then plug back in.

2) Bring remote near the Roku and open battery compartment.

3) When Roku has booted back up, press and hold pairing button in remote battery comparment for 3 seconds or more - a quick push won't do it.

4) LED in battery compartment should start flashing and continue to blink until the pairing is complete.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
JAL723
Level 7

Re: Problems pairing remote with Roku Utltra, following factory reset and wireless connectivity issu

Yes, the remote continues to blink, there is no change to the display, then the blinking stops.

The remote remains unpaired.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JAL723 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rashomon
Level 7

Hello, i have the EXACT same issue with my Roku Ultra. Helpless and lost here... Any progress? Thanks!

0 Kudos
JAL723
Level 7

I bought a new unit. There is very little, nothing, that Roku can do for you in this case.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rashomon 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rashomon
Level 7

Hello. The links you sent are down. Anyway, i tried everything. Almost giving up on Roku at all. Seriously, this doesn't make sense. Have a 10y old Boxee Box that still gets online... go figure... Now i can't even use this Roku Ultra to access my external HDD... :/

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rashomon 

Thanks for the post.

The links seem to be working for me, can you try to see if you are able to access the Support pages linked in my previous post now?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rashomon
Level 7

ok, checked the troubleshooting links, but no success. tried everything listed there. really lost here... i'd really like to understand how a product demands to be online or have paired remote to work and get to system settings... and leave me no other choice to do so. that's just unbelievable...

0 Kudos