Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDigital
Level 7

Problem with Roku Premiere+ remote

I have a Premiere+ and the remote is acting strangely.  To be more specific, it stops working after about the 5th or 6th button press, but starts working again if I wait 30 seconds or so.  It acts like it has low batteries, yet the meter shows 60%.  Anyone else ever see this? 

I am only using good, standard alkaline batteries.  I have tried replacing the batteries and no change.  I also tried repairing the remote by going to the pairing remote screen in settings and pressing the button inside the remote's battery compartment.  The little LED inside the battery compartment blinks, the Roku displays a "paring remote" screen for a few seconds.  The popup goes away, the comes back apparently repairing again,  This cycle will continue for 5-8 times or so then stop.  However, the problem with the remote persists.

Any ideas?

Thankfully I have a tablet I can use as a remote for the moment via the Roku app, but the remote is much better as it gives a tactile response.  With the tablet, I find I am often tapping the wrong button if I am not looking at it,
0 Kudos
4 Replies
T_J
Level 7

Re: Problem with Roku Premiere+ remote

I have a Roku Premiere Plus and Roku 2 (4210). I use $10 GE Universal 4-device remotes (Walmart) for both Rokus; plus Sony TV; plus a Samsung TV; plus a 3D Sony Blu-Ray player, plus a Panasonic DVD recorder. Remotes are IR, I don't have to aim remote directly at anything, just in the general direction. I have to admit I change channels and volume a lot, and one of the GE remotes volume button quit working, so I spent $10 and got a new remote. 
0 Kudos
DBDigital
Level 7

"T_J" wrote:
I have a Roku Premiere Plus and Roku 2 (4210). I use $10 GE Universal 4-device remotes (Walmart) for both Rokus; plus Sony TV; plus a Samsung TV; plus a 3D Sony Blu-Ray player, plus a Panasonic DVD recorder. Remotes are IR, I don't have to aim remote directly at anything, just in the general direction. I have to admit I change channels and volume a lot, and one of the GE remotes volume button quit working, so I spent $10 and got a new remote. 

Hmm interesting.  I thought the Premiere Plus was a Wifi only remote device.  I didn't know it had IR as well?  I think I would prefer a IR remote, the Wifi ones eat way too many batteries.  I might take a look at that.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CV27
Level 7

The Premiere Plus streamer box can receive both IP and IR.  The remote is IP (WiFi) only.
0 Kudos
DBDigital
Level 7

"CV27" wrote:
The Premiere Plus streamer box can receive both IP and IR.  The remote is IP (WiFi) only.

I knew the remote was, but I didn't realize the Roku box has both IP and IR.  Thanks everyone!
0 Kudos