Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chumi
Level 7

Problem with Roku 3

So, i recently factory reset my player, i already knew my remote was kinda broken but i did it anyways. Basically i can’t pair my remote to the player at all, i tried everything. I don’t have en ethernet cable and its not connected to network. Is there any way i can set player up without my remote?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chumi
Level 7

Re: Problem with Roku 3

Actually i do have an ethernet cable
0 Kudos

You will need a functioning remote control to proceed. They are cheap on Amazon. This one is $7.
0 Kudos
Chumi
Level 7

is it possible to connect my ethernet and then use my phone as a remote
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Yes, if you can connect your Roku to Ethernet, then it should appear in the Roku app on a phone or tablet. But you never told us what model Roku you are working with. Depending on the model, the suggestion of an inexpensive IR remote would be another viable option.

EDIT: sorry, didn't notice you had the model in the thread title. Read it too late in the evening is the only excuse I can offer...  Smiley Surprisedops:
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

He's got a Roku 3.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Chumi
Level 7

connecting my roku to an ethernet didnt work
0 Kudos

You cannot connect a Roku to a new network -- wired, wireless or otherwise -- without a physical remote.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

And, as scottypie1234 said, a cheap IR remote will get you going. Just make sure it says it supports Roku. All Roku or Roku-compatible IR remotes work on standard (non-Stick) boxes.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos