Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cynwlms
Level 7

Re: Private listening not working

Jump to solution

I do not have a roku remote that my headphones plug into but I have the roku app and got the paid version and my TV still will not come through my headphones. Can anyone please help? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Cynwlms 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify what you mean by paid version of the Roku mobile app? The Roku mobile app is free of charge. For more information about the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
majraddoc
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was having the same problem with private listening not working. I had Spotify open in the background, but not playing. Once I closed Spotify, private listening started working again. 

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @majraddoc,

We appreciate your post.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot regarding private listening with your remote here: How do I solve problems with private listening?

If those troubleshooting steps do not resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
majraddoc
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

I did start with the page you had recommended. Nothing worked. I was just pointing out that closing Spotify, which I had open in the background but not actively using, solved my problem with being unable to use private listening with the Roku app. This may work for other music apps as well. Just an idea.

Rick

Prhillbillie
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here except when I plug my headphones into remote movie freezes then the Roku resets itself. I have tried unplugging and still does the same thing no matter what headphones I use and I've tried 3 pair.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Prhillbillie wrote:

Same problem here except when I plug my headphones into remote movie freezes then the Roku resets itself. I have tried unplugging and still does the same thing no matter what headphones I use and I've tried 3 pair.

What is the model number and software version of the Roku? Settings > System > About

Also, inside the battery cover of the remote is a model number. What is that?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos