Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
callmechaz
Level 8

Re: Private listening crash Roku Ultra 2019

Bad remote. It eventually quit working altogether. I had been losing headphone audio off and on, corrected by removing battery for a few seconds. Other problems started occurring more often. Finally it just quit responding. No green light when batteries were inserted. Bought new remote.

0 Kudos
TX_TEA
Level 7

I have the same problem. I think they need to send us all new remotes. 

4670X - Roku Ultra

9.4.0 build 4200-46

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@TX_TEA

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you using a physical remote or are you using the Roku mobile app to use Private Listening? Have you made sure that the remote has fresh batteries when using Private Listening as well as making sure your headphone are plugged completely into the remote if you are using a physical remote.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
davecod
Level 7

I just installed a fresh pair of batteries in the Roku Ultra remote without plugging in the headphones. The Roku remote functioned properly until I plugged in the headphones. As soon as I plugged the headphones into the Roku remote, the Roku froze up and then spontaneously rebooted. After rebooting, I was able to plug and unplug the headphones into the Roku remote without any problems. This problem is very intermittent with the 2019 version of the Roku Ultra, and I have not experienced this problem with my older Ultra.

I also use the remote function with the Roku app on my Android phone. I have never experienced this freeze/reboot issue when using the app.

0 Kudos
rickytin
Level 8

For me it's not the remote because I didn't have the problem before Software 9.4 update.

Danny I still have the private listening crash problem, some time I press home and Roku freeze and crash, manny channels have crash problem. This is my third Roku and I have never had so many crash since 9.4 update. 

0 Kudos
Dmfull
Level 7

Private listening on the remote.  Batteries were not the problem.  I found it is app specific— some apps just don’t work, like Tablo.  Others do, like Netflix.

0 Kudos
TX_TEA
Level 7

It is a physical remote. I did replace the batteries with no joy.  The App seams to work fine on the 5Ghz side of my network but the audio skips on the 2.4Ghz side. It also seems to skip more while playing YouTube videos. I shouldn’t have to discharge my phone because the Roku Ultra remotes are defective. 

0 Kudos
TX_TEA
Level 7

I should also state that it worked fine for several months before this started happening. I think the fact that it causes the entire system to reboot reflects the fact that this issue is huge. 

At some point I am going to test another Roku Ultra remote as I do have another Roku Ultra and see what happens. 

0 Kudos
johncbellsr
Level 7

Remote audio

I have the ROKU Ultra, hard wired to my router. This issue just started. When I plug my ear phones into my remote for private listening the picture freezes up. All functions on the remote are useless. It will eventually allow me to return to Home and start over. I'm at a loss.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote audio

@johncbellsr

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos