Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaptainD
Level 7

Private listening cutting out

Private listening through remote results in audio cutting out, through iOS app, with earbuds plugged into phone it works flawless. Ultra 2019 using provided earbuds.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Private listening cutting out

Having something plugged into phone jack on the remote really runs down the batteries, what is battery % when go to setting> remote> in use> about?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JayL
Level 7

Im having the same issue since November 2019. I was hoping the latest update would solve the issue but it did not. Im currently using Software version 9.4.0 Build 4200.

I changed the batteries several time and still have the issue. The audio cuts out, and I have to pause the movie and wait for the audio to reconnect. then I can continue for a few minutes.

Is there any way to downgrade tot he software prior to November 2019?

I am planning on purchasing several new Roku TV's but if the audio is this bad, forget it.

Km29
Level 8

Same issue right after update to same version/ build. Roku support has no fix. Tried resetting everything. Happens on Roku stick and a Roku stick Plus, IPhone 8 using Private Listening w/both wired and Bluetooth headphones). 

0 Kudos