Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobpreston
Level 7

Premiere+ remote stops working intermittently

Remote works fine until it doesn’t. Have to resort to legacy remotes or iPhone app. At some point the remote begins to work again. It is not a function of weak batteries or pairing. Have tried removing batteries, re-pairing, and even rebooting Roku to no avail. Any ideas or thoughts?

TIA

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Premiere+ remote stops working intermittently

@bobpreston 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
drburchill
Level 7

I have the same problem.  Remote every once in a while stops working.  Have always been able to re-pair, but not this time.  Have changed batteries.  Unplugged Roku, hit the pair button.  No luck Help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@drburchill 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
drburchill
Level 7

Danny R from Roku support asked me to PM him with my Roku serial number.  Please provide instructions on how to do that.

0 Kudos
frbm1
Level 7

My Premiere+ remote is the same. It was failing intermittently, would come back after a day or so. Now it is completely dead. Not the batteries or the media player.

It is 6 months old so have asked for warranty replacement, but not heard anything from Roku yet.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@drburchill 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@frbm1 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there may be a delay in response time from our Support team during this period. Please be patient as our Support team is doing their best to reach out to all of the customers who are currently experiencing issues.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pml55
Level 7

I’m am also have problems with the remote. I have roku ultra, purchased in December 2019, and the buttons are not working properly...you can’t select, or it jumps to another item, or randomly opens another channel, when scrolling up or down it’s also changing the volume.  It’s like it has a mind of its own in terms of responding when a button is pressed  I’v changed the batteries, and the location is fine, and paired successfully several times, and software has been updated and is up to date.  Not sure what else to try.....please help!   Thanks

0 Kudos
frbm1
Level 7

Your remote failing is similar to mine. It also got the Roku controls mixed up with the TV volume controls.

I filed for a warranty replacement on the roku website. The new remote works fine, so I suggest that is the way to go.

The warranty is 12 months from purchase. They did not ask for a receipt (in fact I have one) but they would have been able to see the roku player placed in service on a date in 2019. They did not ask me to return the faulty media player and remote, even though the website says that is the process. They just sent out the new remote. There was a delay because the remote control was out of stock, and we used the roku app on a cellphone in the meantime. The roku app works fine, but obviously it ties up your phone.