Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbaezner

Premier + remote uses battery very rapidly

Jump to solution

My remote uses battery very rapidly. We do use the headphone function and I understand that it drains the battery faster but it is a day between changes. I thought it was strange and expensive so I bought rechargeable batteries.

When the remote dies we remove the batteries and put them on the charger it turns out that only one battery is depleted. So I thought I would just switch sides when it dies and it starts working again but runs out even faster and when we put the batteries back on the charger one is empty and the other is still at least half charged. Seems like a faulty remote in my opinion. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Premier + remote battery issues.

Jump to solution

@jbaezner 

Thanks for the post.

As you stated, using the Private Listening feature will use significantly more battery power than without using headphones connected to your remote.

In addition, we strongly recommend making sure your headphones are disconnected from your remote when not using your Roku device, even if the TV is turned off to avoid any unwanted excessive remote battery drain.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You are doing nothing wrong. Depending on how much you use the headphone jack, it might be perfectly normal. My Ultra usually needs batteries about every 3 months, but I don't use the headphone jack.

If you use it daily for extended periods, you might use them up in a week or two. I would consider that normal for that sort of use. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jbaezner 

Thanks for the post.

As you stated, using the Private Listening feature will use significantly more battery power than without using headphones connected to your remote.

In addition, we strongly recommend making sure your headphones are disconnected from your remote when not using your Roku device, even if the TV is turned off to avoid any unwanted excessive remote battery drain.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Knair87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku + batteries are getting rapidly. I have to change my batteries every 2 week. I have plugged my Roku to my wall outlet. Can somebody provide a solution.

Regards,

keshav

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Knair87

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the model and serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Knair87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Serial number is YH00AG088057

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Knair87 He asked for model number also.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Knair87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model no: 3810X Roku Streaming Stick +

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Knair87

Thank you for providing us your information.

I have forwarded your concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you with your remote battery drain problem.
Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chrigel

Jump to solution

I have the same issues on my four remote controls. Uses battery like nothing else. Nothing is connected. Very faulty remote control.

How can i fix it? Can you send me new remotes?

0 Kudos
Eddie607
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have always had the fast battery drain issue. Do the current remotes have this issue, or has it been corrected? 

0 Kudos