Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbaezner
Level 7

Premier + remote battery issues.

Jump to solution

My remote uses battery very rapidly. We do use the headphone function and I understand that it drains the battery faster but it is a day between changes. I thought it was strange and expensive so I bought rechargeable batteries. When the remote dies we remove the batteries and put them on the charger it turns out that only one battery is depleted. So I thought I would just switch sides when it dies and it starts working again but runs out even faster and whe we put the batteries back on the charger one is empty and the other is still at least half charged. Seems like a faulty remote in my opinion. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Premier + remote battery issues.

Jump to solution

@jbaezner 

Thanks for the post.

As you stated, using the Private Listening feature will use significantly more battery power than without using headphones connected to your remote.

In addition, we strongly recommend making sure your headphones are disconnected from your remote when not using your Roku device, even if the TV is turned off to avoid any unwanted excessive remote battery drain.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Premier + remote battery issues.

Jump to solution

@jbaezner 

Thanks for the post.

As you stated, using the Private Listening feature will use significantly more battery power than without using headphones connected to your remote.

In addition, we strongly recommend making sure your headphones are disconnected from your remote when not using your Roku device, even if the TV is turned off to avoid any unwanted excessive remote battery drain.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos