Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobNoxious
Level 8

Power button - programmable to do 2 things?

Jump to solution

Currently the Roku SS+ remote power button shuts the TV off.   However, since my Roku is powered by an outlet, I would like the remote power button to 1. goto Home, then 2. power off TV.  The reason is to stop/pause the current streaming program I was watching.   Any way to program the remote to do this, so I don't have to program my family on the 2 step process?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Power button - programmable to do 2 things?

Jump to solution

No, the Roku remote is not capable of any sort of macro function. You'd need something like a Harmony programmable remote for that. However, since none of the Roku Stick players support an IR remote, there's no way to use a Harmony remote.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Power button - programmable to do 2 things?

Jump to solution

No, the Roku remote is not capable of any sort of macro function. You'd need something like a Harmony programmable remote for that. However, since none of the Roku Stick players support an IR remote, there's no way to use a Harmony remote.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos