Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra, I can use the remote to change channels but when I try to adjust the volume or turn the tv off I get nothing. I’ve tried restarting the system and making certain the tv and remote are paired. Is there anything else I can do? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

@jcblackburn  Thanks for the note here. It sounds like you'll need to set your remote up to control your TV's power and volume. You can check out the steps for this here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828

This should help get things back on track for you. Let us know if you need any further help. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@jcblackburn  Thanks for the note here. It sounds like you'll need to set your remote up to control your TV's power and volume. You can check out the steps for this here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828

This should help get things back on track for you. Let us know if you need any further help. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! I should add it has worked without problem until today. I went back through all the steps and it says the remote can’t be paired with the tv? But it has been paired with this tv previously. 

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Start with fresh batteries, make sure your remote can see both roku and front of tv at least during programming, re-pair the remote to roku, then program the tv again.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Im having the same problem with the power button and volume buttons not working. I repaired the remote and it says the same thing, not able to pair. I put new batteries, everything is in plain view. I have had nothing but problems with my Roku ultra.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@KaleeK 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you clarify what the issue is that you are experiencing? Are you having issues with the TV power and volume? Or are you having issues pairing your remote to your device? Could you please provide a picture/screenshot of the error message you see on screen? 

If you are having issues pairing your remote to your device, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Once you have your remote paired to your device and having issues controlling your TV power and volume, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Everything... everything... works, BUT the volume.

i don’t hear the clicks navigating from app to app throughout the menu and homepage, and following restarts, etc., no click sound noise - none.

i don’t hear any volume.  

I do hear volume via headphones, but only via headphones, not from the TV.

HELP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am getting tired of Roku not actually doing anything about this issue.  

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@kharrigan4 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What is the current setup of your device? Is it plugged directly into the TV or is it connected to an AVR?

Have you tried plugging your device into another HDMI port of your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your device? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.   It worked as it was supposed to then my daughter used earbuds to listen to music on it and when she unplugged the earbuds there is no longer any volume on the Roku OR on my TV now!  I am connected via an HDMI cable directly to the TV over WiFi and I have a Vizio brand TV.  The power button does still work to control the TV just no volume.  The only way I am able to get volume back is by resetting my TV to factory settings this is of course AFTER I have tried to reset my Roku Ultra and Remote first since that was what caused the problem to begin with.  Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue.

0 Kudos