Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLSav80
Level 7

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

If you have a Visio tv then first go to settings then to remotes and devices the over to remotes then to remotes in use and then about the down to set up remote for tv control then over and go thru the steps. Works easy... hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos
Pjd813
Level 9

Jump to solution

All of the proposed fixes do nothing to solve the Vizio power/volume problem for me. Support spent two weeks having me even do a deep dive into some arcane service messages on my Roku Ultra device. After about two weeks of this support just stopped contact with me. I bought a new Roku remote on Amazon and the remote worked for three weeks before exhibiting the very same problem. At least the first remote worked for over two years before crapping out.

This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
bkpike1
Level 7

Jump to solution

everything was working the other day so it was paired and setup correctly the channel selector works everything works except the volume and mute new batteries did not help unplugging restarting and updating did not help either

0 Kudos
TanyK26
Level 8

Jump to solution

And we paid extra for these features!!!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bkpike1 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend pairing your remote to your TV.

For more information about how to pair your remote to control your TV volume and power, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bobjr94
Level 8

Jump to solution

That does not work, that was the whole problem, it use to work fine until 6 months ago. Repairing it again does not get the power on/off to work again, they updated the roku and broke this feature and never fixed it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bobjr94 

Thanks for the information.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ENetArch
Level 8

Jump to solution

My remote intermittently stops sending the TV the volume signals.

I confirmed this by viewing my remote through my cell phones camera. I can see the Infrared LED signal when I press other buttons, but there is no signal when I press the volume control buttons.

Usually, when this problem arises, I swap out the batteries. But this time the issue has persisted with new batteries. (maybe they are old)

Should I just give up the ghost and buy a new remote?

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ENetArch 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gjacl
Level 7

Jump to solution

12/31/2020 - Thursday

Today I started to have the same power with my roku ultra remote. Everything works except volume control. It has been working fine for about 1 and half years, then today it just stop controlling volume everything else is fine. Tried initial setup several times still the same problem, no volume. Read all the other remarks on this site and tried it. No success. Is this some fault with roku? need help. Bowl Games on tomorrow.