Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanv73
Level 7

Play/Pause sluggish after 11/14/2020 update

Since the early morning 11/14 update to my Roku Ultra, the play/pause button (doesn't seem to matter if I use the actual play/pause button or the OK button) seems to be really sluggish. It takes 20 or 30 seconds before it responds to a play or pause command. When you first press it, and you think it didn't work, then you press it another time or two before anything happens. The multiple button presses often cause havoc. The directional controls on the home screen don't seem to be affected.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Play/Pause sluggish after 11/14/2020 update

@alanv73 

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alanv73
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@alanv73 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, I should have mentioned. I tried all of the usual, like batteries, rebooting the Roku, and re-pairing the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@alanv73 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps the issue you are seeing?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos