Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Phillips Roku tv remote compatibility with Roku 3 box

Jump to solution

Is it possible to use my Phillips Roku tv IR remote with my Roku 3 box? My remote for the Roku 3 totally died it won’t pair at all so I wanna use the remote I have for my roku tv but can’t seem to figure out how to pair it since there’s no pairing button. Is it compatible? Could someone please help me. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy #phillipsrokutv #roku3 #remotecompatibility  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Phillips Roku tv remote compatibility with Roku 3 box

Jump to solution

@ROSY619 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, the Roku TV remote will not work with your Roku 3 device. If you need a replacement remote, you can purchase the Voice Remote or Gaming Remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Sorry but it is not, roku tv's use a very different IR code set then stand alone streamers like the Roku 3.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ROSY619 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, the Roku TV remote will not work with your Roku 3 device. If you need a replacement remote, you can purchase the Voice Remote or Gaming Remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos