Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Pairing remote on a used Roku stick

Jump to solution

My future in-laws gave my fiancée and me their old Roku stick (model 3810X) and the standard IR remote isn’t pairing. I’ve tried disconnecting the power and changing the batteries in the remote but it’s just not doing anything.

I would use an app on my phone but I can’t connect the device to my WiFi network without a working remote so I really need to get it paired before I can do anything. Anyone had similar problems?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pairing remote on a used Roku stick

Jump to solution

@_natey_b_ 

Thanks for the post.

As @atc98092 and @Tivoburkee mentioned, the IR remote will not work with the Streaming Stick 3800. If you need a replacement remote, you can purchase the Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

That roku stick and every roku stick can't be controlled by an IR remote, no IR pick up the roku, it only work with wifi voice remote. Which you purchase at walmart or best buy. Go with walmart its $10 cheaper. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

The 3810 is a pretty nice Stick to receive. It's only a few years old, supports 4K/HDR, and 802.11ac wireless. 

But as @Tivoburkee mentioned, the Stick will not work with an IR remote. Also, as an aside, you don't pair IR remotes. They either work or they don't. They don't use a radio to communicate with the Roku, so nothing needs a connection. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@_natey_b_ 

Thanks for the post.

As @atc98092 and @Tivoburkee mentioned, the IR remote will not work with the Streaming Stick 3800. If you need a replacement remote, you can purchase the Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos